Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sunny wrist pincushion

Please click here for resource.

This summer the pincushion challenge theme is "summer".


1

It was super easy to make. We drink a lot of gatorade here and I have been anxious to create a wrist cushion ever since I saw this great tutorial over at "my little mochi".

Supplies for my version:2_2

gatorade cap
orange and yellow felt
embroidery floss
elastic hair band (cut)
stuffing (poly-fil)
fabric glue
disappearing ink
Circle inking template

For the sunshine: I traced a 60 mm circle on orange felt (disappearing ink) and cut using pinking sheers.
For the face of the sun I used a 45mm circle and drew the face. Before I cut the circle, I went ahead and embroidered the face with floss. (I cut out an oval of orange felt for the nose.)

Then, I cut the embroidered circle and stitched it to the orange sunburst. I left about a 1/4 inch open to stuff the face with poly-fil before finishing off.

4_4

To make the hole in the gatorade cap, I took a nail and hammered it through. Very easy. ( I did it on the garage floor). Thread the elastic band through one hole, knot it and do the same with the other end of your band. (Be sure to test it and make sure the knot is fat enough where the band won't come back out of the hole.)

3_2

I added a little bit of fabric glue in the cap and added poly-fil for extra padding.

5_3

Finally, I added some fabric glue to the rim and poly-fil and placed "Sunny" on top. Use something heavy to keep in place while it's drying. I left it like this for about 30 minutes.

5

Here is Emily sporting her new pincushion:
7_3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Felt supply 不织布出售 (taking orders now~)

After seeing so many felt handcraft and you wish to make some for yourself and friends but do not know where to get the felt supply?!
I'm please to announce that I'm providing this service.^^
Measurement: approximately 9" x 12"
Price: RM1.70 per piece (0.55 USD)
Minimum order is 5 pieces of felt and the colors are as follow:

Click here to view larger picture.
When you place the order, please indicate the number of pieces for each felt color.
看了那么多的不织布手工和教程, 是不是也引起你的兴趣想给自己或朋友做一个? 是不是不知道要到那里购买不织布呢? 呵呵, 这一回你们不用再烦恼啦!! 从今天开始我就提供不织布销售服务, 解决你的烦恼:)
尺寸: 大约 9 X 12 寸
价钱: 一张 RM1.70 (0.55美金)
每次定购最少5 张, 订购时请清楚地例出购买的颜色和张数
颜色名称请参考上面的图画。更清晰的照片请看这里
P/S: E6 - out of stock E6 - 缺货
Please place your order here. Shipping method please see here.